Thursday, August 28, 2008

NieNie Day

Today is NieNie day, and there is an auction in honor of Christian and Stephanie (NieNie) Neilson (parents of 4 young children), who were critically injured in an airplane crash, and who have months and months of recovery ahead of them. You can follow their story at cjanerun.blogspot.com, (one of my favorite blogs) and you can see Stephanie's well-loved and immensely popular blog at nieniedialogues.blogspot.com. All of today's proceeds will go directly to the Nielson's recovery fund.
Read more about NieNie Day at http://www.designmom.com/.
Learn more about the Nielson's story at http://www.azfamily.com/video/localnews-index.html?nvid=273958
Well this morning I was looking at blogs and I came across Michelle's blog. She had a link to the story of this family that had been in a plane crash. I can not believe how many people have come forward to help. So on my side bar I will be putting a donate sign for the family. This story has touched me. If you can't help financially please help by keeping them in your prayers.

4 comments:

Traci Elizabeth said...

I have been keeping up on this for about a week now. It is so sad. The pilot died and he had I think 4children as well. I am going to go to wells fargo to donate, they have a fund through them.

Stories like this make me realize how fragile life is and how we need to be prepared.

Veater Family said...

Here is the link to the tour group in Mexico that you mom and dad wanted:

www.helamantours.com

Shauna said...

How sad is that!

Becky and Ryan said...

Thanks for sharing the story. When I heard about the accident just a plance crash was reported. I had not followed up, Thanks.